Each year, the New York State Board of the Ancient Order of Hibernians awards a scholarship for college study. The amount of the award depends on the number of qualified candidates, as well as the availability of the funds. The typical scholarship award is $750 per year for four years—a total of $ 3,000. This scholarship is intended for 2017 high school graduates who will be matriculating freshman in college in September 2017.
THE NEW YORK STATE AOH SCHOLARSHIP IS COMPETITIVE AND THE AWARD IS BASED ON THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
1. The parent or guardian of the recipient must be a Major Degree member in good standing of any AOH or LAOH Division in New York State.
2. The parent or guardian must maintain membership in their respective division of the AOH or LAOH for the term of the scholarship.
3. Each year, the recipient must provide evidence of satisfactory academic performance during the term of the scholarship by submitting to the Scholarship Chairman a transcript of grades received from the previous academic year.
THE SELECTION OF THE WINNING APPLICATION WILL BE BASED UPON THE FOLLOWING:
1. A positive recommendation by your parish priest.
2. Results of the SAT Math and SAT Verbal test scores.
3. AOH Scholarship Test Results. This is a test of the applicant’s knowledge of Irish History. This test will consist of multiple choice questions and an essay whose emphasis will be on Irish History. The test will be supervised by the Division President or a member chosen by the Division President.
4. No member can supervise the giving of the exam if they have a child that is applying for the scholarship.
THE SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION MUST BE SUBMITTED BY JUNE 4, 2017.
ALL THE FOLLOWING MUST BE ENCLOSED:
• The completed application
• A copy of the highest SAT Math score and highest SAT Verbal score
• Student Transcript
• A positive recommendation from the parish priest
A copy of the AOH membership card of the applicant, parent, or guardian. This verifies membership and the Major Degree date.
Send by June 4th, 2017 to the chairman of the State Scholarship Committee:
219 North Middletown Road,
Pearl River, N.Y. 10965
Do you have any questions? E-mail email@example.com